Sunday, July 16, 2006

Teenager, Teenagers, Everywhere!

Well it's Sunday 16th July and Capernwray Hall was invaded by around 80 teenagers from 14-20years yesterday (most of them from Northern Ireland). They seem a great bunch and are enjoying the freedom that the grounds of Capernwray offer and the glorious summer sunshine we have here at the moment.

I myself am feeling low. After lots of delays at Glasgow airport (including an overnight stay), my friend Jenny has now retruned to Canada with her Brother Steven. I'm going to miss her tremendously. She is a great person and one with an amazing faith. We have become very close and prayig together by email just won't be the same. Hopefully she will be returning to the UK in September time and then I'd love all my friends to meet her.

I am writing this whilst I should really be preparing to lead tomorrow's meeting with the young people. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to leave a comment ASAP!!

I have a very sore throat today (big "arrrrh" for poor old Russell)!

The speaker this week is a guy called Andy Feron who is brilliant. Yesterday he was speaking on letting Jesus into every room of your life, not just the front hallway! This morning he was speaking from 1 Samuel 2: 35 which really spoke to me. It says - "I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind. I will firmly establish his house, and he will minister before my anointed one always."

What more can we do than that which is according to our Father's heart and mind.

Please pray as I lead the meeting tomorrow at 11:30am. God bless.

No comments: