Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Announcing an Engagement!!!!




Happy New Year. And the big announcement is...that on New Year's day, I asked Jenny to marry me. We went for an evening walk through the woods in the snow whilst here in Canada and I bent down to turn my trousers up, which were getting snow on them. I got up on one knee and looked into Jenny's beautiful brown eyes and asked her if she would spend the rest of her life with me as my wife. Before my knee froze, she said, "what did my Dad say?" and when I said he had given me his blessing she said "yes". We hugged for a long time and then prayed together in the coll night air.

We bought the ring a day later and now the most amazing girl in the world is going to be my wife!!! I am so happy and I keep crying unexpectedly. God has blessed us richly.

8 comments:

tmosh said...

yay for engagements! you and your fiancee look so happy. Good choice uncle/brother-in-law to be Russell!

Anonymous said...

Woohoooooooo, go Russ! I am so excited for you & Jenny. Congratulations, you old romantic!
Love ya both :)

Norma Jean said...

wow..I wish i couldve heard the great new fomr Jenny ..but ill kick her for that later..tehee... Im so happy foryou that I cried too...Oh if youre wondering who the culprit was that told me it was phil. i didnt tell anyone else..cuz i wanted to wait till i heard it from Jenny ..but youre as close to the horses mouth as anyone right?...lol ...so i can now believe it. well and not. its so crazy ...Jennys gettin married ..IM soooo excited!....you realize I have to meet you for sure now. lol ...well CONGRATULATIONS!!!!. and give a jenny a hug from me...

Anonymous said...

Hey Russ,
Sorry I missed your new post for so long! As I've already said - Congratulations!!!!!!!! :-)

I'm soooo delighted for you both - well done.

Now you're committed, maybe I should start telling you the truth of what it's really like living in the same house as Jenny - lol ;-)

We shall really miss having Jenny live with us, but are so happy that you'll have each other - what a joy to think about.

God bless you,
Steve

Anonymous said...

the only thing i will recommend is buy lots of toilet paper for the loo

Anonymous said...

oi!

Anonymous said...

hee hee, Only you could have got away with saying that Tanys ;-)
We still love you though Jenny :-)

Anonymous said...

lol - hey its a fair warning - but its not what you think she just quite often uses toilet paper over tissues -

so i guess i could say to load up on tissues...

i do still love her too :)